Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Turn off the TV or Santa won't come!





Christmas Eve, Ben tuned into the Santa Tracker on the internet. He found Santa traveling across the globe on Google Earth and the North American Aerospace Defence Command (NORAD). The boys were wound up and we finally got them tucked into bed around 9pm. Cody went to sleep immediately, but Caleb had trouble keeping those excited thoughts from racing through his mind. Ben and Kevin were down in the living room watching "Christmas Vacation" while I finished up wrapping presents. Around 9:30pm, Caleb came out of his room crying, "Turn off the TV or Santa won't come!" I went upstairs and assured him that Santa will come. He said that he has tried and tried to fall asleep, but just can't and he is afraid Santa will fly by his house because he is still awake. I told him that I just checked the internet and Santa won't be here for a couple more hours. He said, "Is he in Kentucky yet?" I said not yet. He was asleep in about 10 minutes. He woke up bright and early at 5:30am, much to the dismay of the tired adults. But we all stumbled out of bed and woke up Cody, who was a grumpy bear for about 15 minutes before waking up and getting excited. The boys were so excited about their Christmas. They got Ben 10 figures, Transformers, games, books, skates, and scooters. Cody loves his scooter and has been riding it all over the house the past couple of days. Caleb loves his shoe skates. They are shoes that have skates in the front and back that click in or out, not quite like Heelys because Caleb's has 4 wheels. We were all tired later that day from waking up early and everyone but Caleb took a nap at some point throughout the day. Christmas night we took one last drive around to see the Christmas lights and the lights at the park. The boys love Christmas lights! Our Christmas Cactus is in full bloom. It always amazes me how that cactus always blooms the week of Christmas and no other time of the year.



video

3 comments:

The Hadfields said...

Sounds like fun. I'll have to remember the Santa tracker next year!! The Christmas cactus is cool, I've never heard of it!!

Mom said...

Looks like you all had a great Christmas. Send me some pics via email if you get a chance.
Enjoyed your visit.

Kev said...

Had a great week! Thanks for making my Christmas special this year! It always means a lot to be included in the Peterson family Christmas! Squeeze the boys for me saying, "I love it! I love it! I love it!"