Thursday, June 5, 2008

Weekend activities

Memorial weekend the kids and I met Mom and Bill at LBL for the day. They had brought their camper to a nice campsite for a relaxing weekend. Julie, Bill, Shaun, and Zack also met us there. It was a beautiful weekend. Mom's campsite was next to a beach on the lake.



The adults thought the lake was freezing, but the boys dove right in and splashed and played for longer than we thought they would last. Cody finally came out of the water shivering, with blue lips and said he was done. I had to force Caleb to give it a break. I took Cody up to the shower and sprayed him down in the warm water to warm him up. Then they played in the sand for awhile.


That afternoon, Papaw Ford took his pontoon out and we had a wonderful ride on the lake. The boys enjoyed bouncing along and getting sprayed by the boat cutting through the water. We stayed and roasted hotdogs and marshmallows over a campfire before heading back home that night.















This past weekend, I left for a prenatal conference in Carrollton, KY. It was at General Butler State Park, which is 4 hours away. I tried to get some other girls from work to come with me, but it was last minute and everyone was either working or had other plans. My friend, Kelly said she wanted to come along to keep me company. So we decided to bring the older boys and Mason. Leaving Cody and Kiersa to go to daycare, then stay home with the daddys.



It was great! The conference started Sunday and went through Tuesday. Kelly spent Monday with the boys while they swam all day long. They also took a hike and went minature golfing. I joined them after my conference ended and spent the evening watching them splash and play in the pool. We thought the pool was too cold, but they didn't seem to mind. The conference was great. It was about premature babies and ways to prevent prematurity. One of our OB docs, Dr. Hodges presented on Tuesday and did a wonderful job. It ended up being a really nice conference with the bonus of having some time with just Caleb and my buddy Kelly. I was so happy that she came with her kids. I would have been lonely at the conference by myself and the drive would have been miserable. It was nice to have some girl-time when I wasn't at the seminar. Caleb and Quinn enjoyed playing together without the interruption of the little guys. I think Cody and Kiersa had fun with the daddys. The men got together both nights to let them play.














No comments: