Thursday, July 24, 2008

It's Finally Over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

School is finally over for me!!!!!!!!!! Yay! I am so relieved that I am finished. I now have a Master's degree in Nursing Education. For those of you who are wondering, no-I am not changing to a new job at the moment, no-I will not get a raise, no-I will not receive any glory, pomp, or circumstance. I had to have a Master's degree to stay in an educator position at the hospital. Graduating and receiving my Master's is an accomplishment and great achievement for myself. It has been a long, hard road of blood, sweat, and tears! I know my family has had a tough time the past couple of years with me in school. I had to write lots of papers, study for tests, work on assignments, read chapters, and take exams all while continuing to work and take care of the family. I did a lot after the boys went to bed, which meant decreased time with my hubby. But there were many times that I had to work on papers or assignments while the boys were awake. They heard me say, "Mama is working on school work right now, you need to ask Daddy." "No, Mama can't play right now. I have to work on the computer." Ben was very supportive and helped so much with the boys. I couldn't have done it without him. He was also a great editor for my papers. "You must have been tired when you were writing this one! You are using slang and writing like you talk." Which means I sounded like a Kentucky hick, instead of a scholarly college student. Crazily I took 2 classes at a time at the beginning to finish school quicker. There were several classes that I thought, I would not make it through all of the assignments, papers, and exams. I would get a tight feeling in my chest and feel like I was drowning as I would look at the syllabus and course calendars, wondering how I would fit it all in and still have time for my family. But we endured it all and I have finished with a 3.7 grade point average! Hooray! Now I won't know what to do with all my spare time.

5 comments:

mom said...

Congrats Miranda! I am so proud of your accomplishment! That's great that you are finally done with school. Just enjoy your spare time and now you can take some time for yourself as well as your friends and family.

Jim Peterson said...

Congrats! I know you are relieved, and this will only mean better things for you in the future!!

Kev said...

Congrats to you! Hard to believe you spent two years on that! Went by fast. You'll have to start writing a children's book for me to illustrate now. haha

The Hadfields said...

YAY!! I am so proud of/happy for you Miranda!! You are proof to me that it can some day be done! Congrats!

Dad said...

Already congradulated you on your accomplishment while we were there, just once again want to let you know how proud I am of my daughter in all that she has accomplished and also am glad to see someone other that me now in the education field. See good stuff does rub off Love ya