Wednesday, August 6, 2008

First day of 1st grade


Well it's back to school already! Time for backpacks, notebooks, No.3 pencils, and crayons to come out. The hallway was a flurry of excitement this morning as all of the children arrived and saw friends they hadn't seen all summer. The summer didn't seem long enough. We have been so busy this summer that it went by really quick. I still can't believe they start back the 1st week of August. I know when I was in grade school, we never started back until around the 3rd week. But it is here and Caleb is beginning 1st grade! Caleb was excited to get back and see all of his friends. He loves his new teacher and classroom. Him and Quinn were bubbling over with excitement when they got home. They aren't in the same class again, but don't seem to mind. We don't mind either, they are very competitive. Kelly and I both agree that they would probably end up getting each other in trouble talking too much or arguing over who did something first or better. They see each other plenty during school just being in the same grade and definitely see enough of each other after school.
Cody was just as excited for Caleb this morning. He got up at 6:00am-"It's Caleb's first day of school!" He is looking forward to starting back to preschool. But he doesn't start back for a couple of weeks. Can you believe that I have a 1st grader!!!

3 comments:

Dad said...

I will always remember my little girls first day of school and Marcia walking away and your Big eyes and smile waving goodbye

Mom said...

It's hard to believe that Caleb is in first grade now. Like your dad, I can remember when you and Kevin started school. Treasure these memories. Caleb has the same thirst for knowledge that you have always had.

Kev said...

Awesome! I can't believe he's in 1st grade either. Are they using No.3 pencils now, I always thought it was No.2? So does Cody go to kindergarten next year or two more years from now? He's either going to be the youngest in his class or oldest depending on when you enter him I guess.