Thursday, September 4, 2008

Little Man's Big Day!

Well yesterday was Cody's 4th birthday. It is hard to believe that my baby is now 4 years old! Ben reminded me that four years ago, he was rushing me to the hospital and praying that I wouldn't deliver in the breezeway to the hospital. I was only in labor four hours and when I got to the hospital, I had the urge to push as we were walking in the door. Ben and my buddies Christy and Kyra quickly got me to a room before I delivered in the hallway. I ended up delivering 22 minutes after coming through the door with the doctor barely making it in time. Cody came out in a hurry, wide eyed and bushy tailed. I remember thinking later that day, "I wonder if this is a tale of this little guys personality and what I have to look forward to." Oh boy, it sure was! He hasn't stopped since that day. What a little busy body Cody Riley is and so full of energy.


Cody decided that for his birthday, he wanted to go to Cracker Barrel for breakfast before school. I told them that we would have to get up at 6am with no whining about being tired. They popped out of bed that morning with no complaints. They filled their little tummies with pancakes and bacon before we all headed off for school and work. I brought cupcakes to his preschool that afternoon. When I walked into his classroom, the kids had just sung Happy Birthday and Cody was wearing the above head gear. He was so excited. Cody always loves birthday parties. Anytime he hears it is someone's birthday, he asks when are we having birthday cake? He thinks you have to celebrate everyone's birthday with some birthday cake and a party. He doesn't understand why anyone would have a birthday without it. And why not? Let's live life to the fullest and have our cake and eat it too! Cody sure does!

3 comments:

mom said...

How cute! Love those pics...too funny about wanting to go to Cracker Barrel for breakfast on his birthday. Sounds like he had a big day.

Kev said...

You have the funniest boys! I love them so much and wish I lived closer to see them all the time. Such personality indeed! Both of them!

Well glad he had a happy one.

Anonymous said...

Looks like Cody had a big day. Imagine wanting to go to Cracker Barrel bright and early on your birthday! Something Grandad would surely applaud! I know your book, Skippyjon Jones quite well, Cody. I have at least 3 of them in my classroom at school (I teach 2nd graders). We were pretty lucky and the author, Judy S. came and spoke to the kids at our school. She was great and the kids loved her. She also drew Skippyjon while she was talking on a big chart easel. Now that picture is framed and hangs in our school library. Have fun at preschool!
Love, Aunt Marie