Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Caleb got two Eagles!

Caleb competed in his first TaeKwonDo Tournament in Louisville this weekend. He decided to participate in all 3 events-forms, breaking boards, and sparring. His current belt level is red belt with black tip. That's Caleb wearing the red at opening ceremony.








Caleb was very excited about being at the TKD U.S. Open.







Awards are granted as Eagle (1st place), Dragon (2nd place), and Tiger (3rd place). Caleb won Dragon in sparring and got a medal.



videoCaleb won Eagle in breaking boards. He had to break 3 boards, two kicks and one hand technique. We were so proud when he broke all of them on the first strike or kick.


He won this Eagle trophy for forms (the trophy is sitting on the ground and goes up to his shoulders). He had to learn a whole new 24-step form for this competition. He learned it over vacation in North Carolina! His instructor is wonderful and made him a DVD of himself doing the form technique. We played it over and over, pausing and replaying as Caleb practiced every night of vacation. It sure paid off! He was beaming with joy and we were very proud of his achievements.
Caleb had to write an essay about the tournament for Instructor Jason. I am going to type it out as he wrote it: My first tournament hma 23rd

"My first tournament experience was very fun. My favrite part was wining the 3.0 ft eagle trophy for forms. I wanted to enter the tournament becase I thought I could do good. I was not worryed since I practiced a lot. I was most confident about borad breaking. My plan for the day was to eat good food and practice. I thought the other kids would be good.

After the tournament I felt PROUD and excited! I think the worst part was having to sit and wait all morning long till it was my turn to compete. I would like to win grand champion one day. The 6.0 ft trophy was very cool.

Other things I enjoyed was watching Will, Sarah, Nicole, Peyton, and other black belts win their trophies. I enjoyed riding the escalator in the hotel. I am glad that my uncle was there to see me."

Caleb Peterson

5 comments:

Kev said...

Cool! Glad I got to see it too! Had fun with you guys! Miss you!

Jim said...

We're proud of you, Caleb! Who knows, we may all be looking at the next Junior World Champion! Way to go, Buddy!

Marcia said...

Great job Caleb. We are so proud of you! You look great doing your kicks and forms too!

Dad said...

Tell Caleb, Papaw was really proud of his Grandson doing so well in competition

The Hadfields said...

Way to go Caleb!!!