Monday, December 28, 2009

Getting ready for Christmas

Kevin came to stay with us the week before Christmas. It is always so cheery to have him around for the holidays. He got to hang with the boys for two days while Ben and I worked. They did arts and crafts one day. I got home and the house was quiet as a mouse. I walked around looking for them and they were hiding in the living room with these decorated masks on their faces. Needless to say, I screamed, which was just the reaction they were looking for. Check out the bag they made for me and the bouquet of hand flowers...so creative.






They spent hours bringing Kevin back to the nostalgia of childhood building a lego pirate ship that was once his when he was a little boy. He also took them to the movies one day. Such a cool uncle!
Then it was time for some Christmas baking. I had to make our famous Peanut Butter Balls by the request of many.


Kevin helped dip them in chocolate for awhile.

Then Ben used the rest of the chocolate to dip some pretzels. Yum!











Another favorite...Peppermint Candy Cane Cookies! The boys loved helping with the candy and cookies. My little chefs in the making.

3 comments:

The Petitts said...

Your brother is so creative! Looks like they had a great time.

Kev said...

OH such fun! Those masks are sooo.. creepy! I still say I look mentally ill in that lego picture. haha

Jim said...

The peanut butter balls WERE very good! Too bad we had to leave before I could get into the cookies!