Sunday, August 15, 2010

School's Back in Session

Well the boys have started back to school. Caleb began third grade last Thursday and was very excited to see all his friends. Cody began Kindergarten the day after Caleb. He is in the same school as Caleb now. He had a bit of hesitancy the night before Kindergarten started. While tucking him into bed, he began to cry and say he didn't want to go to Kindergarten. He asked if he would ever get to go back to Daycare and see his friends there. I think he was just getting nervous about not knowing what to expect. He has been at Daycare since he was 3 months old. His Preschool was at the same Daycare and he has grown up with the same friends and teachers. He has been looking forward to starting Kindergarten for a long time, so I was surprised at his meltdown. We had a long talk about all of the cool things in Kindergarten...special art classes, P.E., the new playground equipment. We named off the friends he already knew at the school. Caleb told him all of the cool stuff about his school and Cody got excited again.
He woke up ready to go and was so excited to put on his new backpack.

I walked him and Caleb into the gym, where all the kids wait until the bell rings and their teachers come greet them. I couldn't go back to his class with him because they thought it might be too difficult for some children to let their parents leave. Cody did fine, I found a little boy that we had met at Back to School Night. He sat at the same table as Cody. They both looked a little nervous and overwhelmed, so I introduced them and pointed out that they were in the same class and sat beside each other. They sat down next to each other and Cody gave me a hug. I can't believe my baby is now in Kindergarten!! Time sure flies.

My big school boys:)

2 comments:

Mom said...

The boys look so cute in their school clothes with their backpacks. Hope they have fun and learn lots this year.

The Hadfields said...

I can't believe both your boys are in school now. :( This is a big year of change for the Petersons!! :) Looking forward to tonight. We are all gonna miss you! :(