Sunday, September 9, 2012

Little Man Turns 8!!

 So hard to believe that my little guy is already 8 years old! Cody has filled my life with joy and love. He is amazingly creative and artistic (thank goodness he didn't inherit my artistic genes: stick man = person). He did however inherit our family's love of nature and animals. He wears me out with his non-stop energy, but melts my heart with his sweet, cuddly personality. I stay super busy with my boys and barely have an ounce of energy left at the end of the day, but right now I wouldn't give it up for anything. I am so thankful to now have a job, where I can go to all their activities and not feel like I am missing out on their life.

Mom and Kevin came for the weekend. They made a scavenger hunt for Cody, that led him to his surprise birthday cake. He had requested a pudding cake. ??? Don't know where he came up with that, but I found a recipe online that turned out yummy. Looked sort of like a cheeseburger- ha, ha!



The daredevil trying out his zipline
 The weekend following his birthday, Cody had 3 friends over to spend the night. It was quite a noisy evening of boy fun- thank goodness for our basement! Nerf guns, light sabers, air hockey, and romping in the dojang were the highlights of the night. Another severe thunderstorm passed through with lots of rain and wind. I made the boys stay in the basement and they barely knew it was storming because they were having such fun. Caleb played at a friend's house until 10pm, so that Cody could have time by himself with his buddies. When Caleb got back home, he helped me get the boys settled down in sleeping bags with a movie. Surprisingly they were all asleep within the hour.


The boys slept till 7:30! One of them, notice in the picture slept past 9am, while they hooped and hollered at video games.

3 comments:

The Petitts said...

It does look like a cheeseburger!!

Kev said...

Can't believe he's 8! Where does the time fly? Glad I was there to celebrate.

Mom said...

Slow down Cody! You are growing up too fast! Love you! Grandmama